Women in Media Queensland is offering an inaugural scholarship of up to $5000 to boost the career of a mid-career woman in media by undertaking academic or professional development.
Applications open on Saturday November 2, 2019 and close on Friday January 31, 2020.
The scholarship is open to women in media and related fields with more than 10 years’ experience, currently living and working in Queensland, who wish to study in 2020. This includes women in traditional media, communications, public relations, media production and technology.
This scholarship aims to help mid-career women broaden their qualifications to improve their promotion and leadership prospects in media and related fields or to give them a new skill to transition into another media-related field media.
All we ask is that you share that knowledge with as many other women in media as possible!
Examples of study include: Executive Graduate Certificate in Business Administration; Executive Graduate Certificate in Business (Leadership through Coaching and Mentoring) Graduate Certificate in Business (Enterprise Leadership); AICS Company Director’s course. You may choose another course.
Scholarship entitlements include:
* It may be a contribution towards a greater overall cost.
* A lesser amount may be awarded if the cost of the course of study is less.
* Course materials may be included as part of the total value and paid on presentation of receipts.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS
To qualify for the mid-career scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
* Be Australian resident.
* A WiM Qld scholarship cannot be deferred, and applicants must not have already commenced the studies.
* If successful, the recipient must start their program between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. It may be completed in 2021.
* Scholarships are conditional on acceptance to an institution approved by WiM Qld for the allocated course of study.
* Other funding/grants must be declared at the time of application and/or award acceptance and are subject to WiM Qld approval.
* WiM Qld will pay or reimburse the scholarship awarded up to $5000 on production of satisfactory evidence of enrolment in the course of study and provision of invoices or receipts.
* The recipient should plan to be in Queensland to attend the WiM national conference which is usually held each year in September.
* The successful applicant will agree that WiM Qld can use their image and reports in their publications.
* The successful applicant will be required to sign a contract.
* Qualifications: Have at least 10 years’ working experience in media or related field.
The Women in Media Queensland $5000 Career Boost Scholarship recipient will be interviewed and selected by a panel convened by WiM Queensland.
- A 300-word statement outlining your story and study proposal, including how you will share it with others
- A resume – 2 pages
- Two referees with contact details
The study program should be possible within the 2020 calendar year, or beginning in 2020, and is relevant to boosting your career. The proposal should identify:
• An educational component of study
• A plan with clearly defined goals to achieve the proposed program
• Details how your study will benefit women in media
• Outline how your results will be disseminated to other women in media.
Successful candidates also demonstrate their willingness to share their knowledge on return and to productively build ongoing partnerships and linkages.
INTERVIEWS FOR APPLICANTS
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with a panel to discuss their proposal, either in-person or if necessary, via video. Applicants will be informed 1-2 weeks prior to the interview date. The awarding of the scholarship will be announced in early December.
Mid-career women in media with a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in media or associated field to undertake academic or professional development. This includes women in traditional media, communications, public relations, media production and technology.
The scholarship total value up to $5000 paid by WiM Qld. It may be a contribution towards a greater overall cost. A lesser amount may be awarded if the cost of the course of study is less. Course materials may be included as part of the total value and paid on presentation of receipts.
Prior to applying, applicants need to read the eligibility & conditions section. Applications must be completed and submitted via email@example.com with the subject line: WiM Qld $5000 Career Boost Scholarship application or complete this application form.
* A 300-word statement outlining your story and study proposal, including how you will share it with others.
* A two-page resume.
* Two referees with contact details.
* If you are shortlisted, you will be required to produce a portfolio of your work.
Applications open on November 2, 2019.
Applications close on November 22, 2019.
Yes, with the panel. You will be given 1-2 weeks’ notice.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome in December 2019.