Women in Media Queensland is again offering a scholarship of up to $5000 to boost the career of a mid-career woman in media by undertaking academic or professional development.
Applications open on Friday March 4, 2022 and close on Monday April 25, 2022.
The scholarship is open to women in media and related fields with more than 10 years’ experience, currently living and working in Queensland, who wish to study in 2022-23. This includes women in traditional media, communications, public relations, media production and technology.
This scholarship aims to help mid-career women broaden their qualifications to improve their promotion and leadership prospects in media and related fields or to give them a new skill to transition into another media-related field media.
All we ask is that you share that knowledge with as many other women in media as possible!
Examples of study include: Executive Graduate Certificate in Business Administration; Executive Graduate Certificate in Business (Leadership through Coaching and Mentoring) Graduate Certificate in Business (Enterprise Leadership); AICS Company Director’s course. You may choose another course.
NOTE: The scholarship is awarded at the discretion of the WiM Qld Committee and information is correct as at the time of posting. WiM Qld reserves the right to award one or more scholarships. The selection panel’s decision is final.
Scholarship entitlements include:
* The scholarship total value up to $5000 paid by WiM Qld.
* It may be a contribution towards a greater overall cost.
* A lesser amount may be awarded if the cost of the course of study is less.
* Course materials may be included as part of the total value and paid on presentation of receipts.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS
To qualify for the mid-career scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
* Must reside in Queensland at time of application.
* Be Australian resident.
* A WiM Qld scholarship cannot be deferred, and applicants must not have already commenced the studies.
* If successful, the recipient must start their program in 2022. It may be completed in 2023.
* Scholarships are conditional on acceptance to an institution approved by WiM Qld for the allocated course of study.
* Other funding/grants must be declared at the time of application and/or award acceptance and are subject to WiM Qld approval.
* WiM Qld will pay or reimburse the scholarship awarded up to $5000 on the production of satisfactory evidence of enrolment in the course of study and provision of invoices or receipts.
* The successful applicant will agree that WiM Qld can use their image and reports in their publications.
* The successful applicant will be required to sign a contract.
* Qualifications: Have at least 10 years’ working experience in media or related field.
The Women in Media Queensland $5000 Career Boost Scholarship recipient will be interviewed and selected by a panel convened by WiM Queensland.
- A 300-word statement outlining your story and study proposal, including how you will share it with others
- A resume – 2 pages
- Two referees with contact details
The study program should begin in 2022 calendar year and be relevant to boosting your career. The proposal should identify:
• An educational component of study
• A plan with clearly defined goals to achieve the proposed program
• Details how your study will benefit women in media
• Outline how your results will be disseminated to other women in media.
Successful candidates also demonstrate their willingness to share their knowledge on return and to productively build ongoing partnerships and linkages.
INTERVIEWS FOR APPLICANTS
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with a panel to discuss their proposal, either in-person or if necessary, via video. Applicants will be informed 1-2 weeks prior to the interview date. The awarding of the scholarship will be announced in mid-2022.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Mid-career women in media with a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in media or associated field to undertake academic or professional development. This includes women in traditional media, communications, public relations, media production and technology.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
The scholarship total value up to $5000 paid by WiM Qld. It may be a contribution towards a greater overall cost. A lesser amount may be awarded if the cost of the course of study is less. Course materials may be included as part of the total value and paid on presentation of receipts.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Prior to applying, applicants need to read the eligibility & conditions section. Applications must be completed and submitted via email@example.com with the subject line: WiM Qld $5000 Career Boost Scholarship application or complete this application form.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
* A 300-word statement outlining your story and study proposal, including how you will share it with others.
* A two-page resume.
* Two referees with contact details.
* If you are shortlisted, you will be required to produce a portfolio of your work.
WHAT ARE THE SCHOLARSHIP OPENING AND CLOSING DATES?
Applications open on March 4, 2022 and close on April 8, 2022.
DO I NEED TO ATTEND AN INTERVIEW?
Yes, with the panel. You will be given one-two weeks’ notice. It may be a virtual interview.
WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF THE OUTCOME?
All applicants will be notified of the outcome in mid-2022.