Do you love taking ownership of a project and seeing it through to overall success?
This is an opportunity for a self-starter with a background in journalism and media to help build a unique program launched by Women in Media Australia and the Google News Initiative [GNI].
The Relaunch Project, sponsored by GNI, is leading into its second year off the back of an incredibly successful launch in 2022.
The Relaunch Project is an exciting initiative aimed at upskilling women in
the field of media who are planning to return to the workforce.
The successful applicant will work with a job share partner to oversee the development and rollout of a course of workshops run in conjunction with GNI.
With the support of senior industry professionals, you will build the program and support the participants through to the successful completion of their program.
- A role for a contractor paid by the hour
- $50 per hour
- Maximum of eight hours per week
- 12-month agreement
- Job share partnership
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Comfortable speaking to large groups of people
- Have at least 10 years’ real-world experience in the media industry
- Have some experience relevant to the life events the candidates are experiencing
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Basic financial knowledge
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Take ownership for the program and set it up for sustained success
- Oversee and support the application and selection process
- Set up online forms for applications with the assistance of the WiM digital team
- Create and instil clear processes for the program moving forward
- Host candidates and mentors at the conference and coordinate pre-conference registration
- Work with project partners to confirm program and speakers
- Work with mentoring and the return to work specialists to build the program
- Engage speakers directly as required
- Schedule and facilitate sessions
- Manage the budget and track costs
- Be the main point of contact for candidates, mentors, and project partners
- Engage candidates throughout the process and ensure they have all the information required for each session including automated reminders, attend the sessions to ensure no technical difficulties arise, issue follow-up emails with key session learnings and session recordings, and host an online chat space for candidates to connect, continue to connect with candidates outside of the six-month intensive program
- Use online and cloud based professional platforms including Zoom, Google Drive, Microsoft Office and Canva to create content
- Create and document processes, save and file all relevant documents for future reference
- Issue pre and post-conference surveys and provide an impact report of outcomes
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Women in Media (WiM) is a not-for-profit industry body developed by and for women in media across Australia.
WiM strives to be part of the solution to addressing gender inequity in the media landscape, empowering women to secure jobs, progress in their careers and thrive at work.
WiM has 6000 members nationwide with branches in each state and territory.
For more information visit womeninmedia.com.au.
WiM encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability, LGBTIQ+ and people of all ages.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and a cover letter, which sets out how you would ideal for this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 4, 2022.